JAMESTOWN-Employees at The Connection told WNYNewsNow they smelled “old hair dye” as they rushed out of the old Furniture Mart Building in downtown Jamestown Thursdaymorning.

As of 2:30 pm fire officials were still parked in front of 111 W. 2nd St. where a leaking HVAC system forced the evacuation of hundreds of people earlier in the day.

Deputy Chief Chet Harvey told reporter’s a triage area was established where 30 people were treated for various symptoms related to the leak.

SHARE EASY TO YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA !
  • todbone

    01 02 2020

    What was leaking?? Unless the unit was gas with a cracked heat exchanger and allowing carbon monoxide into the building, which is odorless, tasteless, undetectable without CO detector and it wouldn’t smell like “old hair dye”. What were the symptoms of the 30 people? Maybe it was ammonia? IDK